October 01, 2010

Shiseido The Skincare

I'm continuing with the Shiseido products and product lines that I've used.  I really am quite surprised, given the amount of products I've used from this company, that the brand isn't something that I consider a Holy Grail.

I think I should not use the term Holy Grail anymore.  Medieval history is so violent with death over the meaning and symbolism of THE Holy Grail that it seems diminutive to use "Holy Grail" to talk about a beloved beauty/cosmetic item.  ... ...  Maybe this is my Medieval Studies kicking in, refusing to be forgot through the passing of Time?  ...  ...

Okay, random thought aside, Shiseido's products and product lines are really good.  They are geared toward different "ages" of skin.  The Skincare - I'm basing this off of information I've gleaned over the years - is targeted for working women who would be in the prime of their lives.

This is a quick overview of some of the products from The Skincare product line.  I may add my thoughts, but keep in mind please that this is not a review.

Cleanser
Purifying Cleansing Foam, 125 ml

A refreshing deep cleansing foam, with purifying granules, that effectively removes makeup and dulling impurities while retaining essential moisture.

・Contains purifying granules with a gentle exfoliating effect.

I probably used this before my skin's age was mature enough to use this product (before 24 years old), but I always appreciate a cleanser that says "purifying" on it.  At the time, I was still going through acne breakouts so anything that "purified" my skin was great.  

The Skincare line also has a Cleansing Massage Brush that is really soft and comfortable and everything nice, but I was too cheap to buy that.  That decision was to my detriment.  I still dream about it!


Softener
Hydro-Balancing Softener, 150 ml

A gentle, alcohol-free lotion that instantly softens and rehydrates the skin for enhanced suppleness.


Moisturizer
Multi-Energizing Cream, 50ml

A luxurious restorative beauty treatment cream formulated with a complex of vitamins to intensively nourish, energize, and fortify skin in its fight against environmental stress and the visible signs of aging.

Excellent for all skin types, especially skin suffering from dehydration, dullness, or fatigue.

・Contains xylitol-enriched Phyto-Vitalizing Factor, a high-performance moisturizing and retexturizing agent that effectively softens fine lines and brings a noticeably younger look to skin.

I think the reason why The Skincare line didn't make a great impression with me was that I didn't realize that I had chosen the wrong type of moisturizer for myself.  I bought this because it said it would energize and nourish my skin...BUT it was way too rich for me to use every day and night.  When I think back on it, I probably should have just used it at night, but I was 22 back then and what did I know of skincare?  The Internet and YouTube was fairly new and not as informative as it is now.


Treatment 

Purifying Mask, 75 ml


A creamy, rinse-off facial mask formulated with Marine Mineral Clay to absorb dulling surface sebum and impurities and leave skin visibly refined and refreshed. Reveals radiant new skin for a more youthful look.

・Contains a unique combination of highly-porous Marine Mineral Clay, kaolin, and powder ingredients to absorb surface sebum and impurities and minimize the appearance of pores.



I don't remember much how the mask made my skin look and feel after using it but I remember I really LOVED this mask and I was VERY SAD when I ran out of it.  I think this is the one item from this line that I would go out and buy just to do a review of it.  Hahaha!


Protective Lip Conditioner SPF 10, 4g


A daily-care treatment that helps preserve the youthful appearance of lips through concentrated moisturizing and smoothing benefits and effective protection against UVA/UVB rays.

・Developed with exclusive Shiseido powder technology to give immediate visible improvement to lip radiance and tone.



I really liked the packaging.  It was metal, sturdy, and felt luxurious - the packaging, I mean.  With regards to the lip conditioner itself, I thought it was over priced, even if it did have SPF.  I think I paid $16 + tax.  If I had thought of it before, I would have saved the tube and inserted regular chap stick.  Ah, well, in my older age, I'm allergic to chap stick, so I have no idea what I'd use now.

Okay, this concludes this mini overview of The Skincare.  Looking through the website to get these blurbs and info, I really want to re-try some of these products and also pick up a few new items along the way.  Haha.  But I can't.  I need to get to 100 miles ran.

^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...