February 01, 2012

Taiwan 2012

Oh, MY!  I forgot the most important pictures of all!!!!

While in Taipei, my cousin and I went to the famous (or infamous) Modern Toilet restaurant.  While the decor is outa-this-world unusual, going to the actual restroom was nerve racking!  Basically, from the dining area, you could see all the way inside the rest room and see the urinal and the hole-in-the-floor toilet.  There is a door of course for privacy, but until you use it, you don't really appreciate how nice it is to have a separate little foyer before you get into the area where you do your business.

The sink for washing your hands is outside in the no-man's-land between the dining area and the rest room.  Obviously, it is clearly visible to all the diners.  The sink is a faucet attached over a toilet.  The toilet sink was clogged, so that wasn't really pretty.  Anyways, here you go!


And also, my family and I attended a political fundraiser for one of the senators from the southern Tainan district.  He ended up winning his seat (Green Party), which is the rival party to President Ma's party.  Here is a picture of my dad at the event.

 **********************************************************************
Original Post: January 20, 2012

Let me first say that 2012 is a year of new beginnings for myself, Mr. P and our respective families.  Whatever happened in the past has been hakuna matata-fied.  We are moving forward, and that is the most important thing!

My trip to Taiwan was unexpected, but I enjoyed being able to get together with my cousins.  I haven't seen most of them since 2009!  It always amazes me how much they've grown because I remember them all when they were babies.  LOL.

And now, for the pictures!

Stinky Tofu, Tainan Style

I'm a low key person.  This is my style when I think of authentic ethnic cuisine!
Yummy!  The perfect mix of stinkiness and flavor!
I don't know why this is sideways.  Either way, the food looks great!
 

Gen Du Yuan Teahouse

First time with my family.  This was the view outside the tatami room

Mom and me with our hot pots.

Second time with my cousins and brother.  Carp feeding frenzy.

Beautiful cousins Jhua (left) and Yuugen (right).

I credit both these ladies with making my life in TW good 10 year ago.

Bro rarely gets the chance to hang out with Jhua, so this is a RARE picture-tunity.



Taipei

I dunno why my pictures are coming out weird and sideways like this.

Dad's cousin used to fish for carp here.  There is only ONE carp left.

Temple garden with Yuugen.





Random

The dangers of being illiterate.  That red eye lasted the whole day and night!
Finished this.  Didn't think it did much.  Read the review here.
Everyday eye makeup, the same 3 colors day in and day out.  haha  :P  See the Coffret D'or compact here.
So much for not spending money on skincare products!  Resolutions broken within the first 2 weeks of 2012!  *sighs*



So, that's really it for this post.  I hope to be able to share more This and That's with you all later, and also some good news!  Of course, I can't leave things without a picture of my family.  :-)

At the Dutch fort (whose name I forgot) at An Ping in Tainan.


Out of curiosity, how many of you have broken your New Year Resolutions already?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...