January 06, 2012

Product Review: Lancome Blanc Expert Melanolyser Whiteness Activating Spot Eraser







Inspired by the autophagy process, the first Lancome's revolutionary serum to boost skin's inner whitening capacities.

Tested on Asian skin and under dermatological control.  Suitable for sensitive skin.


I bought this from the China Airlines' Sky Boutique back in September of 2011 and finished it all up just this morning.  Let me say that the claims of this product are to help reduce age/sun spots by inhibiting the glands/cellular structures that produce melanin.  Over time it's supposed to help even out your skin tone and promote whitening.

I have to admit that I had high hopes for this lotion but ended up disappointed in the results.

I'd post up a picture of myself right now, but I'm kinda embarrassed by my acne breakout.  Suffice it to say, after the whole tube, I haven't noticed any change at all, and this is using the Blanc Expert Melanolyser night and day!

In the first few weeks of using it, I didn't see any changes to my sun/age spots.  But I did notice that the skin around the center of my face seemed more radiant.  While my initial pleasure at the radiance has carried me through the entire tube, I do have to admit that this product failed - on my skin, at least - to reduce the sun/age spots, which was the entire purpose of the purchase!

I won't be repurchasing this!  I'm very disappointed with the results for the bucks that I spent.




Part of my New Year's Resolution is to use up my skincare products that I currently have.  When I think about it, I must have more than $600 in lotions, creams, serums, and gels in my cabinet.  I've noticed that out of my family and even with Mr. P, I use more skincare products but I have worse skin.  My brother, dad, and Mr. P don't use anything and their skin condition is great.  So, there has got to be a reason behind that.  I think I'm going to try to make the commitment toward organic DIY skincare and see how that works.  When I did it before in Dallas, my skin didn't seem as bad as it is now.  Hopefully something good will come of it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

!!! My sister is lazier than me, uses less products and has better skin too!!! So unfair isn't it?

Kusanagi said...

Only when I step back does this seem funny. But otherwise, YES! It is incredibly unfair! XD

Janet said...

thanks for sharing this! I've been wanting to try this out because I have seen their cf and they made it look so promising but glad I get to read this first. I have problem with age spots and pigmentation so I've been lemming to purchase this as it look so fantastic on the ad. I think I'll skip this and try to look for alternatives..~ thanks so much for the review =)

Kusanagi said...

@Janet - You're welcome! I've heard that products with hydroquinone in it will help with dark spots. I know that there is some hydroquinone in the new Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector, so you might want to give that a try? I want to, but I'm too lazy to to go to the kiosk. LOL! Good luck and let me know how it works for you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...