December 09, 2010

Product Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector

I bought mine in # 710 Light.  This product has both concealer and highlighter in one.  There are only 4 available shades for the Double Face Perfector: Light, Light/Medium, Medium, and Dark.

Claims for concealing:
~ covers adult imperfections: age spots, broken capillaries, blemishes
~ complete coverage, doesn't settle into fine lines

Claims for highlighting:
~ light reflectors brighten away undereye darkness
~ add a luminous touch

My thoughts regarding the claims for concealing
This is by far one of the best concealers I've used!  It conceals my undereye darkness without looking cakey, without settling into fine lines, and without looking like obvious concealer.  I dunno if it hydrates, but it definitely does not dry my skin.  These qualities also make the concealer ideal for covering blemishes.  It has great coverage and eliminates the concealer/imperfection color code.  My personal preference is to apply concealer right before the setting powder or powder foundations.  The only problem I have is that I chose a shade that is too light for my skin, so I have to apply this very sparingly to avoid the entire "white blotches on my face" effect.

My thoughts regarding the claims for highlighting
Yes, it does add a hint of luminous touch to my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose, but it's almost imperceptible.  Xteeener mentioned a while ago that she didn't think very highly of the highlighter.  I am in agreement with her.  However, I think that the highlighter could be a base under a powdered highlighter.  I'm not going to try it because my face is naturally oily and the last thing I need is to look shiny.

I would definitely buy the concealer part again (in the proper shade!)

--
Kusanagi

Smile On!

Leave a message to contact me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...