December 23, 2010

Product Review: Basis Sensitive Skin Bar

I picked up a bar of Basis sensitive skin bar from Wal-Mart before Thanksgiving.  They were having a promotion or something because my bar is 5.3 oz for $1.97 USD.

I use the bar soap with this facial sponge for gentle daily exfoliation.

The Claims
This very caring, ultra pure formula does more than clean sensitive skin.  Natural calming agents chamomile and aloe vera soothe and comfort skin.  No fragrances, dyes or other harsh ingredients.  Rinses completely.  Leaves skin clean, calm and comfortable.  No wonder dermatologists recommend it. Use daily.  Work up lather.  Rinse well.

I like to do my product reviews claim-by-claim.

Soothing and comforting skin
Using this product has not irritated my skin in any way.  My skin actually feels quite nice, smooth and calm, like falling asleep on a clean cotton pillow.

Rinses completely
My skin literally sqeeeeeaaaks using this product and I don't get that irritating dry, tight feeling afterwards.  The first few times I used this though, it felt like there was a waxy residue left on my skin, which caused my skin to turn extra oily.  However my skin has gotten used to it and the oil has lessened.

Leaves skin clean
I believe so.  I don't really use makeup remover - although I should - but I've done the toner and cotton ball test and my face has still come out clean.  Since this product doesn't irritate my skin, I would have to agree that this leaves my skin calm and comfortable.  

Ingredients
Sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate, sodium palm kernelate, triple purified water, glycerin, petrolatum, almond oil, titanium dioxide, sodium thiosulfate, chamomile extract, aloe vera extract, cyclopentadecanolide, pentasodium pentetate, tetrasodium etidronate, lanolin alcohol, beeswax

--
Kusanagi

Smile On!

Leave a message to contact me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...