April 27, 2010

Suelynn76 contest prizes

This entry is dedicated to the prizes Sue Lynn sent me from Malaysia.  It's great and she's so thoughtful because I am not exposed to much makeup beyond American drugstore brands and department store / Sephora brands, which can become very costly very quickly!


Without further ado:

I have heard of Lunasol from both Sue Lynn and Fuzkittie.  I would really like to try it, but I'm afraid that if I really like it I will run out very quickly.  LOL.  I am so weird.  But I will give it a try when I do a little more research into the skin care lines.  My main concern is oily skin, particularly because the weather in Texas is humid when it is hot.

I am actually not very sure what these are...  I cannot read Japanese!  T_T  I think they are pre-moistened cotton cloths that would be perfect for removing makeup...  I think.  I will eventually brave the unknown and open one up.  ^_^

On the left are 2 eye shadow palettes.  On the right is the main prize!  Stila!  I have never owned any of these brands.  Close up pictures to follow.


As you can see, I have changed the position of the Kate palettes.  The bottom palette is beautiful.  The only time I have used a blue eyeshadow is with the Revlon cream shadows (the one that melted in my car last year), and the blue made me look as if someone had punched me in the eye.  So I was very hesitant to try again with blue.  But actually, this blue works very well with my skin tone.  

I use it as a all over wash for the outer half of my upper eye lids, the yellow/cream color for the inner half of my lids, and the brown as a really thick smokey liner.  I'm super monolidded so it doesn't matter how thick my "liner" is because it all disappears into the fold, but it's enough to make the makeup look more natural than if I skipped it all together.  I also use all three colors to line my lower lash line, yellow in the inner tear duct area, blue in the middle, and brown on the outer lash line.  I think it makes my eyes look more interesting... at least I think so of myself!  ^_^  

I have not tried the Kate Diamond Cut Eyes palette yet.  I did a swatch last night and the colors are all very shimmery.  I'm not sure if I could pull off a work look, so I think I'll use it when I next see Mr. P.

I have also not yet tried the Stila palette, but when I do, I will try to figure out how to use it to contour my nose.  I'm not sure if I really want to use it as facial powders / contouring my cheeks, etc.  But we'll see how it strikes my fancy.  ^_^

I'm not sure if this is the famed Majorlica Majorca (spelling?) or if this is Majolook...  Anyways, this is the palette that I'm currently loving!!!!   


I'm such a novice that I have not used browns as much as I like.  I do have a Milani Runway eyeshadow palette, but I don't like using it so much because the colors are really yellow on my skin or really really brown.  However, this palette that Sue Lynn sent is gorgeous!  I try to use all of the colors in this palette on my eyes.  I'm not one of those people who are good at picking and mixing colors from individual pods.

Same technique as with the Kate palette.  The champagne color goes on the inner upper lids and tear duct area, the middle sparkly brown or taupe color go on the outer upper lids.  The color is great for my skin tone - it adds just the perfect amount of definition for a very natural and professional look.  I line my eyes, upper and lower lash line, with the darkest color.  The top white shadow I use to highlight my brow bone.  It's actually a cream with gold flecks in it.  

All in all, this palette is shimmery but it's okay with me!  It's not as shimmery as the Kate Diamond Cut Eyes palette, so I think it is still acceptable for work and day.  It just adds an extra emphasis to my eyes.  ^_^

Sue Lynn also sent me sample face powders.  I believe they are powder foundations but I have not used them yet.  I did a swatch the other day and have to admit that I like the color on my hand.  I have yet to test it out on my face.  I will get around to it though.  I'm just having too much fun with the eyeshadows. LOL.

This is a close up of the Jill Stuart powder.

This is a close up of the Esthetude powder.  I'm not sure if it's the lighting or if it really is, but the Esthetude may actually match my skin tone better.  I think.  I haven't tried it on my face yet, only the back of my hands.

Now, this one I'm excited about because Fuzkittie did talk about Lunasol foundation (but I'm sure she meant liquid, not powder), and Sue Lynn has Lunasol foundation too.  So I will probably be very stingy on the use of it.  LOL.

It comes with 2 little packets of makeup base.  Is makeup base the same as a primer?  I get so confused by all the terminology.

And finally this is the close up of the Lunasol powder foundation.  I believe it may be the darkest one of the powder foundations.  It's okay.  It blended well with the skin on my back of my hand.  I have not tried it on the face.  But anyways, if it ends up being too dark for my face, I think I can find other uses for it.  

This concludes this entry for Sue Lynn's contest prizes.  Again, a great big thanks to Sue Lynn for her channel on YT and hosting the contest.  ^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...