September 26, 2010

Shiseido UV White

After finishing up my product review for the Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream, I'm actually quite surprised that I do not have any Shiseido products on my HG list.  Actually, I'm quite surprised that I don't feel a great sense of loyalty to the brand given how many product lines and products I've owned and used.  And now that I recall, in 2004 and 2005 the only skin care products I used were Shiseido products.

In 2004 I bought the Shiseido UV White product line.  I believe that product has been discontinued for a while now and it is now called White Lucent.  I'm sure you can still buy UV White from Amazon.com and other retailers for a markdown.  The overview I'm providing below will probably not be as detailed as the Pureness line I overviewed in my previous post because the line has been disconnected and I can't tell exactly which size of the moisturizer I used.  But the one thing I will say, is that the UV White packaging was sensationally fantastic!

UV White had a system of telling what type of skin you have.  You were either a I or II.  I fell into the category for oily skin, which I believe was II.

Cleansers

Purify Cleansing Foam I, 130 g / 4.5 oz

This was okay, it cleansed well but I don't think it had exfoliating beads in it.


Softeners

Whitening Softener II, 150 ml / 5 oz

This worked well.  I remember it had a nice scent.  I don't really like to waste softeners and toners on cotton pads, but the packaging of this toner really forced you to be inventive or to cave in and use cotton balls.  Basically, it's a glass bottle with a screw cap.  I don't think it has a stopper or a control mechanism in place.  


Moisturizer

Whitening Protective Moisturizer II, 75 ml / 2.5 oz

The one I had back in the day was 150 ml / 5 oz.  A great deal, huh?  I really liked this moisturizer because it was very liquidy and milky, and moisturized my skin nicely.  I'm not so sure about if it helped with the whiteness of my skin, though.  


Masks

The bad thing about products that have been discontinued is that they're completely discontinued.  No more, kaput, zilch, nada.

I had bought this set of compressed dry masks.  If I recall correctly, it was a set of 12 compressed masks that already had a dry ingredient in them.  What you did with the masks was to rehydrate them using the softener and apply it to your face for 20-30 minutes.  I can't remember very well how the masks worked, but they were really fun to use for a lazy Sunday.

That's it for Shiseido's UV White line.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...