July 16, 2011

Battle Mascara: Maybelline Volum'Express One by One vs. L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion



I've been wanting to try the L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara for a while because of the ball shaped wand.  I had read some unflattering reviews of this mascara but that still didn't stop me!  All in all, I'm glad I bought it and tried it out.

The battle results are in and as much as I want to love L'Oreal's mascara, my handy dandy logical decision making model is telling me that Maybelline is still the winner.

Let me just add other observations here.  The Maybelline mascara is great at holding the curl in my eye lashes all day long.  Seriously, the curl is still there when I'm ready for bed.  The L'Oreal mascara does hold the curl a long time, but when I'm ready for bed I can see that the curl has started to droop just a little.  Also, with regards to smudging, I think the Maybelline mascara starts smudging earlier than the L'Oreal.  However, L'Oreal's mascara breaks down later but much faster than Maybelline's, resulting in a darker smudge faster.

Below is a comparison picture of my curled lashes before and after mascara.  My left lashes are naturally longer than my right lashes.  I don't know how that happened or if it's permanent, but that's the fact for this set of pictures.   


The following pictures show a "time lapse" of the Maybelline and L'Oreal mascaras.


Okay, not such a great compilation of separate pictures but I haven't lost my point!  In my humble opinion, the Maybelline and L'Oreal mascara perform similarly except for curl retention.  So as far as battles go, the Maybelline Volum'Express One by One waterproof mascara is still the WINNER.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been thinking of using the Maybelline Volum' Express One by One. I'll definitely will have to give it a try!! I'm currently using the maybelline lash stiletto waterproof mascara and it isn't too shabby. I like it.

thanks for your encouragement and your healthy eating and working out tips! I'm gonna do both cardio and weight lifting. I think it's a good idea. ^_^ *high five* Thank you so much!!!

Brooklyn beauty forever said...

I used to like L'Oreal mascara but recently I have tried maybelline's and all I have to say is Ah-mae-zing!!! I loved the score board chart you made, you're a genius!! You know what though judging by the pictures, I think Loreals side looks better, but I'll take your word that maybelline is the winner..lol

Kusanagi said...

@Miss Calia - I only started wearing mascara this year and now I want to try EVERYTHING! LOL! There have been a lot of good reviews on the lash stiletto too, so it's definitely on my list! Good luck on your health journey. I'm doing it too, so we'll encourage each other! ^_^

@Brooklyn beauty forever - Thanks! I agree, Maybelline's has so far proven amazing against higher end brands (for me, anyways) ^_^ I really do like how L'Oreal's works too. I don't mind that lil bit of droopiness, I'm just happy that it holds up with the smudging and that my lashes aren't stick straight after 3 hours! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...