July 25, 2011

Product Review: Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer (Sensitive Skin)

click on the picture to go to Olay's website

I bought Olay's Complete All Day UV Moisturizer for sensitive skin at around this time last year to deal with my bout of eczema* caused by some allergic reaction to something in a Neutrogena SPFer

*I'm only guessing it's eczema - never went to the dermatologist to have it confirmed.

Product information:
Complete All Day UV Moisturizer - Sensitive Skin has a light, non-greasy and gentle formula that provides moisture while helping to protect your sensitive skin from daily incidental sun exposure.

Add it to your skin care routine to:
~ Moisturizer with lasting hydration
~ Help protect skin with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 sunscreen
~ Maintain healthy-looking skin with a gentle formula
~ Includes zinc oxide, vitamin E and aloe

100% Oil-, Fragrance- and PABA-Free. Dermatologically Tested. Non-Comedogenic (Won’t Clog Pores)

Well, now that we have the product information out of the way let's the product review underway!  ;-)

Light, non-greasy and gentle formula
This product completely absorbed into my skin a couple minutes after application.  It felt great that it was not greasy, didn't leave a residue, and didn't further irritate my skin.  The lightness of the formula was great for my oily skin (esp. in summer).  My eczema-ish thing was able to heal while I used this product.

Moisturize with lasting hydration
This moisturizer did provide light hydration for my skin, but I also felt that I could have used more around my eyes where they were really dry, rough, and patchy.  However, I didn't at the time because I didn't want to aggravate the eczema.  I think this is good for oily skinned people because it provides good hydration to the skin and accommodates the oils that kick in later.

Protect skin with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 sunscreen
Skeptical.  It doesn't seem like SPF 15 is enough to really protect one's skin.  It may protect one's skin for a 10 minute commute to and from work, but I don't think this product provides ample protection for a 20 minute walk out in the sun.


Maintains healthy looking skin with gentle formula
Considering that my skin was dry, rough, and patchy prior to using this product and now it's normal again (yes, also oily again), I'd have to say that this product did nurse my skin back to health.

Non-comedogenic
True, that.  I never had an outbreak as a result of using this product.  The only outbreaks I had at the time of using this was during Moon Time and when I ate too much junk food.

Other thoughts and observations
All in all, this is a pretty decent moisturizer for those with sensitive skin and/or oily skin.  It doesn't claim to be an anti-aging product so don't expect it to erase your wrinkles, fine lines, or dark spots.  It's a solid and good moisturizer that does what it says it'll do.  Also, this is soooo cheap.  You get a lot of product for the tiny lil' bit of money you pay.

So, would I buy this again?
I wouldn't rule it out.  Now that my skin is normal again, I want to branch out and try other moisturizers with anti-aging or whitening properties.  HOWEVER, if I ever have any problems with my skin in the future, this is going to my go-to product to nurse my skin back to health.

Thanks for reading!

PS - Mr. P took me to go watch the very last Harry Potter at the IMAX.  It was soooo good and I loved it!  I will miss looking forward to new Harry Potter movies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...