May 21, 2012

Ventura Getaway!

Hi Everyone!  I hope everyone is having a good week so far.  Sometimes we get caught up in routine and we just need to find a way to keep things fresh.

Mr. P and I enjoy driving up to Santa Barbara.  It's far enough that it's fresh, but close enough so as to be a day trip or an over-nighter.  We've especially enjoyed Carpinteria, which is a small scenic town close to Santa Barbara. 

Well, last last month, Mr. P and I wanted to break the routine one more time by driving up to Carpinteria and staying at the hotel where we stayed for my birthday last year.  No such luck this time around.  We ended up in Ventura, which is a nice enough town but not as far from Los Angeles as I would have liked.

Regardless, we took ourselves up to Ventura and enjoyed a nice long walk along Main Street, and ate dinner at

The Taj Cafe

It actually tasted like Canada Dry Ginger Ale with some lemon juice squeezed in.

Forgot what this is called but it had potatoes and peas on the inside.  So yummy!

Mr. P ordered chicken masala...  at least I think that's what it's called.  It was so yummy and so fragrant!
I ordered lamb curry.  It was really really good!

On the house!  They brought us a chicken coconut curry dish to sample.  It was sweet and curriful. 

Also had a garlic naan bread.

Mr. P and I were in awe of the cracker and chutneys.  The cracker was super thin and the perfect delivery system for the chutneys.  LOL!

Mr. P missed the cats a lot that night and was asking if I minded if we just headed home first thing in the morning.  I thought that was so cute and it would have been funny if I didn't miss our kids so much too.  I was all for sleeping then going back to Los Angeles in the morning....

                                      ...... but ...........

We hit up the Camarillo Outlets and did a little shopping before we went back to Los Angeles.  No makeup products this time.  We just bought clothes.  :-)

I hope you're having a great week and thanks for stopping by!



 

3 comments:

ELIN said...

Samosa looks like, have in my blog ��

Linh said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! The food looks delicious! =)

Kusanagi said...

@ELIN You are right, they are samosas.

@Linh I hate to say it but this place ruined Indian food for us. We haven't found another place that hits "the spot" for us like The Taj Cafe. LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...