February 07, 2010

Product Review: DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5%


DDF stands for Doctor's Dermatologic Formula.  DDF was established in 1991 by Dr. Howard Sobel and Ms. Elaine Linker.  I don't really want to type out the full story, so I'll put the link here .


After I moved to Texas last year, I started breaking out with cystic acne on my cheeks, chin, and even under my chin.  It may have been caused by the stress of work, living in a new environment, or just not eating right.  After feeling down for a couple of weeks, I decided to try DDF's Benzoyl Peroxide Gel, which I purchased from Sephora .

DDF's Benzoyl Peroxide Gel comes in a squeeze tube similar to that of tooth paste.  Its smell reminds me a little of medicine or something musty, but it shouldn't be a big turn off.  The smell goes away after the gel is applied on the affected area.

The gel itself is white with little micro-particles of benzoyl peroxide.  The particles dissolve during application so you don't need to worry about walking around with white spots on your skin.  The consistency is described as a gel, but I like to think of it as a very light weight oil-free cream-gel, similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief.   DDF's Benzoyl Peroxide Gel contains 5% benzoyl peroxide so it doesn't dry out my skin like the 10% formula that I'm currently using.

After a few weeks (2 or 3 weeks) of using DDF's BP Gel, I noticed that my cystic acne was calming down.  There were fewer and fewer new ones popping up, and the existing ones were not as red as before and were also starting to heal!  

Would I use this product again?  Most assuredly!

Would I purchase this product again?  Maybe hesitantly.  It does cost $28 USD for 2 ounces from Sephora.  

There are cheaper alternatives at Wal-Mart or other drugstores that I think people should try out before dropping the money for DDF brand skincare.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...