February 22, 2010

Product Review: Olay Definity Illuminating Eye Treatment


It claims to illuminate the eye area, smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and strengthen delicate eye skin.


Read more about this product here.

Brief history:
I bought a pack of 2 from Costco or Sam's Club a while back and have used it diligently for months now.  I finally finished my bottle after 4 months.  The pump bottle is a recent kind of technology that seems to be "air suctioned" rather than the traditional pump bottle.  (I don't know what to call this...)  You don't really need a full pump of the product.  I use less than half a pea sized amount and I still think that is too much.  I don't notice any particular fragrance to the product.  

Does it live up to the claims?

When applied, the product does indeed illuminate the area, but I have found that more to be the work of shimmery particles in the treatment, rather than an improvement in quality or texture of the skin.

I don't have wrinkles around the eye area yet (and hopefully not until I'm 35 at the earliest!), but I do have very small fine lines.  I noticed that my fine lines are less pronounced when I do use this product, but the moment I forget to use the product my fine lines become more pronounced and the skin under the eye looks and feels drier.

I don't know if this product actually did anything to strengthen the skin around my eye area.  I mean, how can one tell if the skin is stronger or weaker?  The product's ability to hydrate and illuminate definitely lends to the appearance of healthier skin around the eyes.

My loyalty test:  
If I was stuck in a room full of different brands of eye treatment serums, creams, moisturizers, would I repurchase Olay Definity Illuminating Eye Treatment again?

If my number one priority is hydration: yes.
If my number one priority is anti-aging: no.
If my number one priority is brightening: yes, but it would be temporary and washable.
If my number one priority is my budget: yes.

My final thoughts on this product:

This is a product worth trying at least once.  It's great if it delivers on its claims for your skin type.  But if it doesn't, I don't believe you will have lost anything except time and a few dollars.  :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...