March 09, 2010

Product Review: St. Ives Fresh Skin Moisturizing Olive Scrub


This product claims to smooth and re-energize the skin, and gently exfoliate while leaving skin moisturized.  Read more about this product here.


Truthfully, I bought this product because I just wanted to try it out.  It was a new product offering from St. Ives, and I know that olive oil is good for the skin.

It smells okay, sweet or fragrant like almost every cleanser on the market.  However, I can't say that I'm a fan of this product.  I'm not sure that this performs well as a cleanser.  The product itself feels like a cream cleanser with exfoliating beads in it.  The cream part doesn't feel as if it washes off everything and although I know you're supposed to take off makeup before you cleanse, the test is how much makeup can a cleanser take off.  This product removes up to 80% of the makeup on my face.

I don't feel any special exfoliation with this product.  The beads are essentially too big, too round, and too few to actually do a decent job of sloughing off dead skin cells.  When I massage this on my face, I just feel as if the beads are rolling around or being pushed around on my skin.

I suppose this could be used as a massage cream instead.  I've worked long and hard to try to get rid of this product and am almost finished with my tube.  I use this mainly as a makeup remover now and do a thorough cleansing with a different cleanser.

The verdict:  I will not repurchase this product.

My skin does not feel cleansed, exfoliated, or re-energized after using this.  I would say that if exfoliation and re-energization are a priority, go with the St. Ives Timeless Skin Daily Microderm Abrasion. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...