May 07, 2010

Product Review: DDF Daily Matte UV Moisturizer SPF 15


DDF stands for Doctor's Dermatologic Formula.  They have their own website where you can purchase products, but they are also available from other retailers like Sephora, Amazon, etc.  You can read more about the product here.


How did I get into DDF?  I started having severe cystic acne breakouts when I first moved to Texas 8 months ago.  I suppose it was the stress, the bad eating, and the environment that brought on this awful attack.  I got really desperate and ordered a DDF acne fighting kit from Sephora.  The Daily Matte UV Moisturizer SPF 15 came with it.

What can I say about it?  I don't really like it all that much, but I don't hate it either.  Let's start with my DISLIKES.

1.  One of my pet peeves about this product is that every other day when I pump a bit out to use, there is a dried up crusty portion.  It happens every other day even when I cap it tightly.  That annoys me.

2.  Another thing I don't like about it is that I feel as though I really have to use strength to spread it around my face.  I worry when I have to use that much force because I don't want to give myself more wrinkles and fine lines.

3.  Lastly, I really dislike the way it feels sticky on my skin even a few minutes after application.  I don't use a lot, but there's something about this formula that feels as though it doesn't absorb easily and instead sits on top of the skin.  I suppose it's good then for sun protection, but when I put makeup over it, it really makes my brushes sticky!

Now, let's move on to why I LIKE this product.

1.  It is a bit thick and sits on top of the skin (at least mine!) so I know that it is providing some measure of protection even if it is only SPF 15.  It's really important to me to have sun protection now that I see freckles starting to appear on my upper cheekbones.

2.  There is a bit of whitish cast left on my skin after application.  I know the whitish cast is not for some people, but I like it because it makes me look paler.  I apply some on my neck so that it all looks even and natural.

3.  I like that it comes in a pump bottle so it's sanitary.  The great thing about pump bottles is that the amount dispensed is more or less the same every day.  I think DDF is using the new types of pump bottles that are "air powered" because it doesn't have tube sticking in the middle of the product.  I can feel it that the base of my DDF bottle is getting lighter and lighter, so I'm pretty confident that this is the new type of "air powered" pump bottle.

4.  It doesn't have a strong fragrance to it.  Of course, I think most luxury products would have some scent to them, but I'm so glad this one doesn't have strong scent.  It's a nice soft scent, as I would expect a luxury product to have.  This last entry was just soooooo unhelpful... sorry :-(  I have a very sensitive nose and very scented products can sometimes give me headaches.

Would I get this again?  I'm not really sure.  I feel that there could be better moisturizers out there (stronger in SPF and less sticky).  But for now it is getting the job done.

Forgot to mention the claims:
1.  Absorbs oil
2.  Eliminates shine
3.  Protects against UVA/UVB

I don't agree with the first 2 claims.  When I use this product, I still get oily and shiny.  In fact, earlier this week, I blotted my face with a paper hand towel and more grease got absorbed onto the napkin than if I had held a hamburger in my hand and then wiped my hand on the napkin.  I have loads and loads of oil on my forehead, nose, and chin, and this product doesn't work to control oil and shine for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...