October 30, 2010

Product Review: SK-II Whitening Source Derm-Revival Mask

Happy Halloween!

It is the end of October and I have finished the last of my SK-II Whitening Source Derm-Revival Mask last night.  I wanted to take my time and do a review of this product; however, I think that my first thoughts on this product still stand.

Read on for my first thoughts.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
October 4, 2010: First thoughts on this product

I really really underestimated the drive to Louisiana.  For doing nothing, it is really tiring.  Not only that, I tried to conserve my fuel by turning on the air conditioning when it got warm.  So the cabin temperature changed several times throughout the 5 hour drive.  Needless to say, my skin felt stressed when I got to Louisiana.  

Luckily, I thought ahead and brought this!

It is to be worn for 20-30 minutes to replenish the moisture in your skin and whiten at the same time.
It was hard to say if my skin looks whiter.  I couldn't tell last night, not even a little bit.  My skin felt cool to the touch, a little bit better, but it still felt stressed.  

It's the morning now.  I can't tell if there is a difference.  I didn't wake up feeling that my skin was lighter, paler, or brighter.  Maybe the stress of the drive there and the stress of the upcoming drive leaving Louisiana was manifesting on my face.  But the one thing I really enjoyed about the SK-II mask was that the serum seemed to absorb half way into my skin and the half that didn't get absorbed blocked my sebum producers.  

Do I have more of these masks?

I do!!!  I have more masks, so I will do an in depth product review later.  I haven't decided if I will attach it to this post or if I will create a new posting for the product review.  

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Back to today, the end of October.

So, yes, I'm a loyal and die-hard fan of SK-II.  ... ... ... But... ... ...

Whitening
As far as the whitening aspect of this mask goes I haven't seen a noticeable difference with weekly usage of the mask.

Moisturizing
After removing the mask and patting the rest of the serum into my skin, I've noticed that my skin is a little bit sticky, as if the serum didn't absorb completely.  This provides a protective layer over my skin during the night and keeps my skin supple, smooth, and moisturized.  An added bonus is that the serum seems to control my oil by 50%!!!

Firming
I feel as if there is some noticeable difference with how firm my skin becomes after using the mask.  It's not as dramatic as the Envie de Neuf mask, but I will admit that there is some firming action going on.  See my little scale here  :-P
       Not firm ------------------------SK-II----------EdN-----Firm

Derm-Revival
It really depends on your stress levels, I think.  The first time I used it, my skin was really stressed from the drive and the mask, I felt, revived my skin about 20%.  The other times when I've used it, I've been able to take a 20-30 nap and felt that the mask rejuvenated my skin about 80%.

I don't know if I would repurchase this mask...  I mean, it clearly has a lot of benefits; however, it misses on the whitening part and I would think the reason why people would buy this product is because it says "whitening" on it.

Kusanagi

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...