June 04, 2011

Battle Mascara: NYX Doll Eye vs. Maybelline Volum'Express One by One

I've had to say goodbye to my Lancome mascara.  It's almost time for me to say goodbye to my NYX Doll Eye mascara as well.  So, I went out to Walgreens and got a new mascara in anticipation of being mascara-less.  Welcome to my vanity: Maybelline Volum'Express One by One in blackest.



I have to be honest and let you know that today is the first day of my using this new Maybelline mascara and I'm so excited by it that I felt compelled to post something.  But if my opinions on this Battle Mascara change from today onwards, I will update this post.

Click to enlarge

And below, we have the following pictures.  First up: NYX.  I think these pictures are a lot better than what I took in Battle Mascara 1 because I've finally learned how to position the camera and tilt my head and wait for good lighting opportunities.  *forehead smack*





Second, we have the newbie: Maybelline.  All these pictures of were taken today and the difference in curl between the NYX and Maybelline is astounding!




*********************************************
UPDATE: 6/7/2011

I decided to experiment with the Maybelline Volum'Express One by One mascara and the NYX Doll Eye mascara.  Maybelline is great for retaining curl throughout the day.  NYX is great for not smudging.  Putting them together ought to give me the best results possible.  So here are the pictures from my experiment.  Here are pictures of my lashes 3 hours into the experiment.




Here are pictures of my lashes 9 hours into the experiment.




If only these two were ONE mascara, this would be the perfect mascara for me.  ^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...