February 04, 2012

Product Review: Mentholatum Acnes White

Mentholatum Acnes White: Medicated Clear & Whitening Wash

 I'm back with another product review on a brand and product that I've only found in Asia.  Being so, I should warn you that I cannot read Chinese or Japanese, so I'm a little out of luck in telling you what the product claims are.  The only thing I can tell you is that this tube of face cleanser deals with acne and whitening.


I discovered Mentholatum's Acnes product line a couple years ago (2009 or 2010) and have been hooked since!  Their acne washes are really gentle yet thorough.  So, let me get on with my thoughts on this.

For the record, my skin does react to a lot of different products in ways that it never reacted when I was younger.  I battle with adult acne on a seasonal basis.  I do want to keep my skin lighter so those pesky age spots won't show up so badly!  Okay, and now, the review!

Texture
Thick like toothpaste.  Smells a little lemony.  Goes on like paste, but foams up with water and the longer you massage it into your skin.


Immediate Aftereffects
Skin is squeeeeeaaaaky clean but does not feel overly dry.  Skin looks a tad brighter and a smidgen whiter, but comes back to normal after a few minutes.


Long-term Aftereffects
Less new acne.  Shrinking and calming of current acne.  Some hyperpigmentation spots seem to be less noticeable. 


Okay, I think this is it for my product review.  I've been using it since the beginning of January when I was in Taiwan.  I have 2 more tubes as backup.  Considering that I did not want to spend any more money on skincare, and given how much I love Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash, you can tell that I really really like this cleanser.  LOL.

Would I recommend it?  HECK, YEAH!!!!

When I go back to Taiwan, I will make it a point of restocking enough of these to last me a year or more!

2 comments:

Ari said...

I really want to try this! I am going to write it down so I remember to pick it up when I go to Taiwan again ^^ Thank you for the review!

Ari

Kusanagi said...

You're welcome! I think Mentholatum should consider making this product available in the US, even if in limited markets. If you pick up one or more of the product line in Taiwan, let me know what you think of it! For the record, I've seen this at Watson's, smaller ranges at 7-11, and at some supermarkets. Thanks for reading and commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...