September 05, 2012

Finished! August and Product Review: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Created using Pic Collage. http://pic-collage.com




Sent from my iPad


Heh..... yeah.  I sent the picture from my iPad, but I can't edit this post from an iPad.  Anyone else having technical issues with that?

Anyhow, I'm making slow progress with finishing up things in my collection.  Let me present the 2 items I finished in August!

Fairydrops Scandal Queen mascara.  As a $24 mascara, it really sucked, and you can read why in my Battle Mascara post here.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.  A definite sleeper hit with me.  Please continue reading for my product review.




Product Review: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

I purchased this back in August of 2011 but only started using this in August of 2012.  Yes, it's been sitting around for that long.  Anyways, I am not hugely crazy about the Clinique brand even though I know they have good products.  Maybe it's because their product packaging all look like Easter eggs...  Oh, well.  Never judge a book by its covers, right?

Product claims:
The oil-free moisture "drink" developed by Clinique's dermatologists to maintain optimal moisture balance for skins comfortable in the cheeks but oily in the T-zone or oily all over. Oil-free formula softens, smooths, improves.
As always, my product reviews are based on the claims the product makes and are 100% my person thoughts.  Let the product review begin!!

Maintain optimal moisture balance
Yes, it did it's job.  It never felt too dry or too greasy on my cheeks and T-zone.  The only inconvenience was the area around my eyes being not hydrated enough, but it's ok because it never said it was supposed to be used around the eyes.

Softens, smooths, improves
Yes to all three.  I believe that just by keeping the hydration level so high without feeling oily has helped to make my skin appear softer and smoother.  And believe me, that is an improvement from before when my skin had flakey areas.

Other
One of the other things I like about Clinique is how the products seem to be hypoallergenic.  I don't believe I've ever had a reaction to any of Clinique's moisturizing products.

There's no SPF in it, so the lazy person looking for a day-time all-in-one moisturizer to end all moisturizers will probably be disappointed.

Would I recommend this product?
Yes, I would!  People who are cautious about putting anything on their skin might want to give this a try.  It's a great everyday, go-to moisturizer and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  If you're a person who likes super-high-end products but are currently in-between brands, you might want to give this a try.

Thanks for reading and have a great month!



2 comments:

Linh said...

We're definitely on the same page about the Clinique moisturizer! It's one of the products I eventually go back to and I hate that Clinique is so underrated! Sometimes, I feel like it's very basic... but sometimes that's all our skin really needs!

Kusanagi said...

@Linh I agree! I think that's why I have those phases where I just want to go as simple as possible. I read somewhere that our combined skincare and cosmetics uses will result in over 400 different chemicals sitting on our skin... Definitely food for thought!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...