January 04, 2013

All I Want for Christmas & Holly Jolly Holiday Tag

Hi Everyone!  This is a bit late but this is a fun tag to do.  Thanks, Linh, for the tag!

All I Want For Christmas Tag

1.  What was the best present you received as a child?
A cute white purse with a flower design on the front.  My mom gave it to me at a time when our family couldn't really afford it.

2.  What's at the top of your wish list this year?
Mr. P and I really wished hard for a house!

3.  Do you have a funny Christmas tradition?
Actually, not really.  We had our Christmas tree stolen on Christmas Eve about 25 years ago and since then Christmas hasn't been a top priority in my family.  But Mr. P and I are trying to revive some semblance of a Christmas tradition right now!

4.  What are your 3 Christmas party beauty essentials?
Well, if I had attended a Christmas party, my three party essentials would be clear and glowing skin, a dark plumy purple eyeshadow with sparkles as an eyeliner, and malt/sangria colored lipstick.

5.  What's your favorite Christmas movie?
 Mr. P and I really enjoy watching the Christmas Day movie marathon of "A Christmas Story."

6.  Are you a giver or receiver?
I'm a giver!  I love receiving but I tend to go overboard with gifting and wrapping.  I'm always trying to find a way to wrap presents using the least amount of tape possible!

7.  Who will you be kissing under the mistletoe this year?
I kissed Mr. P and cuddled all our cats under our imaginary mistletoe.  :-)



Holly Jolly Holiday Tag

1.  Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
My shopping season is between Black Friday and Christmas.  I don't usually go on Thanksgiving night to start Black Friday because Thanksgiving is sacred in my family.

2.  If you could be in any Christmas movie, what would it be?
I think I'd probably like to be in Home Alone! 

3.  Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas Eve, hands down!  Christmas Day is nice but once Christmas Day has passed the Christmas season is officially over.

4.  When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
Well, my family hasn't had a Christmas tree in a long time, but Mr. P and I will be starting our own traditions next year!  So, I suppose Mr. P will put up the Christmas tree and we'll both decorate it in 2013!

5.  White lights or colored lights?
White lights!  They are so classic!

6.  Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I am a serial peeker!  I try and try to keep the surprise factor for as long as possible, but I just can't help it!

7.  Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
Santa's Workshop!  The ultimate Christmas factory!

8.  Tell us you Christmas Eve traditions!
I think our family is transitioning to having a buffet meal together for Christmas Eve.

9.  If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone, who would it be?
Mr. P!!! 

10.  What tops your tree?
I'll tell you next year! 

11.  Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
No, but I can sing the song. 

12.  Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
Yes, at a retirement home when I was younger.  I didn't understand the significance when I was younger but I now do.

13.  Do you count down to Christmas?  If so, how may days are left?
T-355 days!!!

14.  What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
Turkey with cranberry sauce!  Mashed potatoes and gravy!  These are some of my most favorite things.

15.  How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
I grew up without a strong sense of Christmas but Mr. P and I want to start a family and we really want our family to grow up with the best Christmas memories.  So, I guess preparing for the pitter patter of little kids is bringing back some Christmas magic for us!



Hope you all had a great New Year!  I hope I can revive this tag for next Christmas! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...