May 09, 2010

Product Review: Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum


You can read more and learn more about the ingredients at the Olay website.


The Claims:
1.  Hydrates
2.  Smoothes the look of fine lines and wrinkles
3.  Retexturizes the skin

My thoughts on this product:  I really like it!

It really does hydrate and moisturize, like it says.  I'm not so sure about smoothing the look of fine lines and such because my fine lines are very fine.  But what I am 150% sure about is that something in its formula really smoothes out the skin.  When I put this on after my toner, my skin feels so smooth, like a baby's bottom.  It has dimethicone, which is also found in primers, so that may be a reason why it's so smoothing.  

I have just recently finished my bottle of this and I bought another Olay product.  I think that if Olay does come out with new anti-aging products and they don't break the bank, I may make Olay my default brand.  However, SK-II still holds a special place in my heart.  LOL.

Anyways, one thing I did notice is that when I use this product, it may settle into the bigger pores on my nose (black heads) so I have to exfoliate with the St. Ives a little more than twice a week to take care of that problem.  However, I'm not absolutely sure it is the product that does that or if my pores are just that problematic.

Is there anything I dislike about this product?  Not really.  It does it's job of moisturizing and it is great for smoothing out my skin.  Maybe the only thing I don't like is the packaging.  It comes in a pump bottle with a tube from the head going down to the bottom.  Only when you get to the very last of it does the pump fail you.  So what I have done, I've emptied the bottle into a little jar by unscrewing the pump head and turning the bottle upside down into an opened jar.  The product is nice enough that it will eventually come out without additional jiggling.  If this came in a tube, it would be perfect for me.  ^_^

I would repurchase this product again.  It is not my HG product of all time, but it's good enough that I definitely wouldn't hesitate to use it if it was in front of me.  ^_^

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...