May 16, 2010

Economically sound oil blotting paper

In one of my previous posts I mentioned than e.l.f. Shine Erasers (oil blotting sheets) were economically sound, being $0.02 per sheet, or $1.00 for a packet of 50 sheets.  



This is indeed a wonderful alternative to the Clean&Clear oil blotting sheets, which is a little under $6.00 for a packet of 50 sheets.  


As it turns warmer, my skin is producing more and more oil.  In the winter I used about 4 sheets per blotting.  It is only spring, but I am having to use 6 sheets per blotting, and believe me, I blot more than twice a day now!!

The reason I'm bringing this up now is that I think I may have found a good alternative for even less than e.l.f.'s Shine Erasers.  I had bought some gift wrapping tissue paper.  I believe per pack, there are 10 sheets estimating about 24 x 24 inches wide (approximate??).  They might be smaller than 24 x 24 inches, but they are definitely larger than 14 x 14 inches.  


I cut several 4 x 4 inch squares and used that to blot my face.  The tissue paper I cut today does a decent job.  I wouldn't say that it wicks away oil as quickly as the Clean&Clear or e.l.f. oil blotters, but it does a decent job of absorbing excess oil and mattifying my skin. The only con I can think about for now is that the tissue paper absorbs oil more slowly because I had to keep the paper on my skin for a longer time.  

The best thing about the tissue paper is that you can cut it to any size you want.  For me, I would love a face-sized oil blotter.  LOL!  The second best thing is that it would be even cheaper than the e.l.f. Shine Erasers.  We can never go wrong when we save money, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...