July 21, 2010

Product Review: Avalon Organics Lavender Revitalizing Eye Gel



Please check out the product at the official site here and find other reviews online.

I bought this product a little after Christmas 2009.  At the time, I had started to notice very fine lines around my eyes.  I first used Egyptian Magic, then essential oils around my eyes, but then I thought the worst of winter was over, so I decided to get something light and oil free.  

I went to Whole Foods to get this A.O. Lavender Revitalizing Eye Gel for close to $30.00 USD for 1 fluid ounce.  Hah!  Anyways, I had read some good reviews of the A.O. brand in general and decided to give them a try.  I wanted to go natural, or as natural as I could get, because my skin was breaking out at the time.

Anyways, I've been using it this spring and summer.  Here are my thoughts:

Packaging:  I really like that it comes in a glass pump bottle.  The pump can twist to open and close.  However, one full pump is more than you need for just your eyes.  The product is so jelly and light that a little goes a very long way.

Scent:  I haven't noticed any scent to the product, but that's me, because I don't pay attention to it.

Performance:  I don't believe that I've noticed anything different in my skin or dark circles after a couple weeks going on 2 months of using this product.  It is light, it is non-greasy, but I also feel as if it doesn't moisturize enough.  When I travel on planes, one of the first places I see the stress is in the skin around my eyes, which does get dry and the lines more pronounced.

Skin Notices:  I don't know if it's just part of the aging process, but I've noticed that my skin has started acting up.  I think I have eczema* and it seems that certain other products irritate my skin.  I don't believe I've had a lot of instances where the product stings my face.  Avalon Organics Lavender Revitalizing Eye Gel stings the skin around my eyes.  It also feels like a burning sensation.  It lasts maybe a minute or 2, but it's enough for me to decide that this isn't a product I'm willing to repurchase.

I would not repurchase this product.  I do like the packaging, so I may save the bottle and use it for something else.  I still have a bit left, so I will continue to use it until it is gone, then I'm on the hunt for another eye cream.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...