August 01, 2010

Product Review: Revlon Eyelash Curler

July 23, 2007

The biggest waste of $4.00 ever!  

Okay, I'm pretty sure this eyelash curler isn't so bad... IF it fits your eye.  It doesn't fit my eye, so I can't even tell if it curls nicely.  

Does this qualify as a product review?  Maybe not, but for me...  this is my review of this product.  :'(

UPDATE: August 1, 2010

It has been several days now and I have been trying to make this eyelash curler work for me.  I must say that my initial review of this eyelash curler's awfulness can be tweaked to not-so-terrible.

Essentially, this eyelash curler does do a very good job of curling my eyelashes.  The only way to make it work is by jamming the curler into my eye socket area so that the curviest part does catch my lashes.  It is a little bit painful and it leaves indentations in my skin on the inner corner and outer corners of my eyes.  But it's nothing that a minute or two won't fix.

I've also tried to use the lash curler backwards so that the convex part of the curve is against my eyelids.  It curls well like this, but I won't lie, it is difficult on my fingers this way and I have to be extremely careful with how close to the root of the lashes that I have to be.

When I heat the eyelash curler with a blow drier, it really really curls well and my lashes do retain that curl for hours.

VERDICT:  I would not buy this particular eyelash curler again because the curvature does not fit my eye.  But if Revlon came out with a slightly flatter curve, I would buy this again because it's not so expensive (compared to Shu Uemura and Shiseido),  and it curls the lashes very well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...