August 03, 2010

Product Review: bare Escentuals RareMinerals Blemish Therapy



For more product information, do a Google search on RareMinerals Blemish Therapy.  My internet connection seems a little slow so the website is not coming up, but you can browse through bare Escentuals website to find this product and read up on it.  

I threw away my box so I don't have the details on the claims this product makes.  But I bought mine last year before I moved from CA to TX at a bare Escentuals store.  The sales associate who sold me on this product told me that it could be buffed into my skin with a brush that looks like a mini foundation brush (it came with the kit).  This product could go on my skin in the morning before makeup and at night before bed.  The patented rare minerals in this product would work to reduce the swelling and dry up whatever pimple I was using this on.

My impressions on this product:

1.  I'm not sure if the rare minerals in this product actually work on reducing any pimples.  I put it on my skin, but it doesn't seem to adhere to my skin, so I am skeptical if the product would deliver on the pimple fighting elements if it doesn't adhere to the pimple.  

2.  There is no coverage from this powder.  I didn't expect there to be much coverage, but this exceeded my expectations in sheerness.  There is NO coverage at all, which makes me wonder if any of this product adhered to my skin.

3.  The packaging is cute and about the same size as a bare Escentuals mineral eyeshadow.  But for the quantity that you end up using as a spot treatment, this will probably last you a very long time.  For me, it has lasted 11 months and I haven't even made a dent in it.  So when you weigh it out versus BP gel you can buy at the store, this ends up being cheaper than Persa 10 or any other generic BP gel.  However, be forewarned that you will pay up front for this RareMinerals Blemish Treatment.  It is not cheap.

I actually don't have any strong feelings of like or dislike regarding this product.  Would I purchase this again?  No, I wouldn't.  I don't feel that it does anything for my skin that a nightly dose of 5% BP gel couldn't do.  The only thing that I have to say is that when I use this, I feel as if I'm using a luxurious product.  It's the marketing and the brand, LOL.  

I will see if I can use it all up though.  It would be a shame to just let it sit around and expire, if it hasn't already.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...