October 22, 2011

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser

 


An impressions post.


I got the travel sized version with my Sasa purchase back in August.  Even if I didn't leave it behind in Taiwan, this travel sized tube wouldn't have lasted 4 weeks, so I'm not going to make this a product review post.  This will be my impressions post.  

For those who wonder at my stodgy adherence to "product review" vs. "impressions", it is this: product reviews are reserved for products I've used 4 weeks or more, whereas impressions are reserved for products that I use less than 4 weeks.

Moving on!  Below is a snapshot from the Clinique website with the product and how to use info.


Removes long wearing makeup and sunscreen
I personally did not find it very effective, even though I washed my face twice with the product.  You can see the results below. 

No flash
Leaves skin feeling moist, clean, and fresh
Yes and no.  I firmly believe that your skin adapts to its environment over time.  I used this this cleanser in both California and Taiwan/Thailand with different results.  In California, my skin did feel moist, and fresh.  Clean?  Maybe not so much as there was always some residue left on my cotton ball.

In Asia, this cleanser didn't have much makeup to clean off (because I sweated my makeup off!), so it did clean very well, I thought.  However, due to the humidity, I didn't really appreciate the moist feeling on my skin after cleansing, so I didn't feel so fresh.  As I described in another post, after washing my face with this in Asia, my skin would feel sticky, like how it feels in the middle of the day with a layer of makeup and oil. 

Disclaimer!
  1. I was in Asia only 10 days, so not enough time for my skin to adapt to the climate there.
  2. I know there are specific products to remove makeup before cleansing, but I like to consolidate my steps and counter space and use as little products as possible.  Hence, my VIP and point of comparison cleanser is the Johnson's Head-to-Toe Baby Wash.
  3. This cleanser (how it feels on your skin and after you rinse it off) reminds me of the Mentholatum Acnes cleanser that I like so much.
Verdict
Granted, it has a luxurious feel to it and a little goes a long way AND I like Clinique.  However, for its efficacy and the $20 price tag, I will pass.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...