December 17, 2011

Swatchfest! Stila Ultimate Color Palette



Does Stila have some sort of contract with Costco?  This is the 2nd Stila wonder-find Mr. P and I found at Costco for under $20.00 + tax.  Anyways, this is going to be a Swatchfest post on the Stila Ultimate Color Palette.

These colors don't look as warm in the pan as they do on my arm.  They all have a surprising amount of red hues in them.  I use the bottom right color as my eyebrow filler.  :-)

I'm a little worried that the blues will be too cool for my skintone and will end up making me look like I got punched in the eye.  *haha*  I really like the darker colors, especially the 3 shades in the top left hand side.  Other than the matte black, they have some nice shimmer/glitter in them to add a little oomphf to the eyes.

I have used a couple of these shades nearly every day.  I think these are the perfect mid-lid shades for work-appropriate makeup.  I particularly enjoy using the top 6 shades in any combo with a highlight and liner shade.

The top six shades are good for highlighting.  I like the shades hugging the right side because they have a bit of shimmer in them.  I don't think that matte highlight shades work well with my skin tone.  The white e/s at the very top is matte and a little powdery. My absolutely favorite highlight shades are the 2 under the white.

Sorry that I didn't have a good closeup picture of these before I started swatching them.  I just got excited and started using them in my daily makeup routines.  :-)  Anyways, these lip glosses (I think that's what they are) are super pigmented, as you can see.  I put them on par with the Tarte Lip Glosses from the Jewelry Box, except these Stila lip glosses sometimes don't feel as moisturizing.  HOWEVER, don't take my word on it right now, because I don't apply them the same way and that could have everything to do with it.

These blushes are so pigmented.  When I wear these, I feel like my cheeks just blossomed to life.  You have to be careful because you could easily overdo it.  I have been using the bottom left as a light highlight, even though it looks a shade darker than my skin.  I dunno... when I dust it on my upper cheek with my blush brush, it just imparts a nice glow and not a lot of color.  I have been trying to use the bottom right shade as a contour.  I think it comes out nice because I do use my blush brush and only lightly apply it under the cheek bones. 

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this Swatchfest post.  If any of you have found this at Costco and have not bought it, I would highly recommend that you do!  For $20-ish, you just can't go wrong.

Oh!  One more thing, the e/s and lippies sizes are maybe the sizes of pennies.  Bigger than dimes and smaller than nickles. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...