February 22, 2012

February 2012 FOTD - Smokey Cranberry Plum ... ... maybe

Hi All!  Since my last video on easy neutral work-appropriate eyeshadow looks, I've had a hankering to change things up a little.  I'm too shy right now to venture into blues and am pretty comfortable staying in the reddish hued family.

So, I switched out my Coffret D'or 05 palette and slipped some Tarte Jewelry Box and WnW Lust shadows into my UNII palette and here is the look that changes things up just a little.


Above: Natural light, no flash. 

This look features more fruit.  A soft peach shimmery e/s for highlight, a blended out cranberry iridescent e/s for the lids, and a dark plum purple e/s for the liner.  The dark purple is a lot darker than the darkest shade from the Coffret D'or 05 palette and really adds some punch to the look.

I'm really loving this Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus mascara.  My lashes have visibility that they never - let me repeat, NEVER - had before.  They're so prominent that they hold up my monolids and presto!  I have double lids!
 

Above: florescent lighting, no flash

I dyed my hair this past weekend.  I haven't gotten used to it.  Every time I see myself in the mirror, two thoughts run through my head.
1.  I look younger and still more sophisticated.
2.  I could be a live Himura Kenshin!

Himura Kenshin from the anime Rurouni Kenshin


Above: florescent lighting, with flash

With flash, my face is a totally different color from my neck.  I knew in my head that SPF casts as a white hue on your skin when you have flash photography.  But I didn't know it was THAT extreme.  Ah well, I'm just going to work so all's well.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...